Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

5 Money Saving Tips for the Makeup Junkie



De-pot your eyeshadows 
  1. De-pot your eyeshadows when they crack don't throw them away....unless they crumble into a million pebbles or specks of duct then by all means grab a broom and toss it. Lets not be unsanitary. However if you notice its cracked or breaking up due to being tossed around in your makeup bag then get some little containers from ebay or your local craft store and give them a new home.


  2. Your lipstick is your blush. Cream blush tends to have a more natural finish than powder and looks like natural flush in your cheeks and is highly buildable. Try it. 

  3. Use brushes not sponges. If you want to use a sponge to blend out then cool but dont use it to apply your foundation makeup. All you are doing is wasting it as the sponge is soaking it up and transferring less to your face. This will save u 1-2 bottles of foundation purchases per year on average.

  4.  Water is your friend. drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and get a better result from your makeup application. Wash your face every nite to avoid breakouts. We wind up using more products to cover things we dont like on our face when we should be proactively looking to remedy the cause of these issues. 

  5. Embrace the color wheel. learn to mix colors and create your own combinations instead of buying products in every shade. I love to mix up my lipsticks and shadows to create colors I think compliment my complexion and overall look. I am CONSTANTLY getting compliments and people asking me what shade lipstick I am wearing then I tell them its a cocktail that I mixed myself. Its cool being unique.



No comments:

Post a Comment