Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Brown girls can wear nude lips too!

Can I tell u that I love the nude lips craze!  The reason that I am all on it is because as a woman of color I didnt think I could pull off a nude lip, but I was sooooo wrong. A nude lip and a little shadow & blush is my everyday look. I get tons of compliments on it. I have several nude shades that are my go to shades. Of course you know I love Estee Lauder because I work for them so I get the good freebies and to try new stuff first. (Wait til I blog on our new cyber eyes!) But my experience as a counter manager for Estee Lauder has been great. I think they really do make fantastic cosmetics that are worth every bit of the pretty penny they charge. Also, I have learned some great yet simple techniques that any woman can benefit from.

Any how back to the subject at hand. These are my faves:

Estee Lauder Sensuous Rouge in Sensous Nude. We were given this shade in our fall seminar to sample on the eve of the release of this brand new lipstick from Lauder. At first I didnt get it. I mean of love the concept of the product. They are vanilla scented, bo on buttery smooth and soft with a moisturizing core made of shea & murumuru butters, melon & passion fruit extracts & red rasberry seed oil....yum sounds great! Still, I thought this color looks plain as chapstick on me. Well, the more I wore it, the more I loved it. This lipstick goes every where with me. I am down to the nub. I use it as a base and use over it either Plum Fatale from the same line or my Golden Violet Pure Color Gloss Stick for a little blush of color maybe go over it once more to really nude it up with my Sensous Nude color and it's my main everyday lip look.


My Other Estee Fave is my Pure Color Gloss Stick in Nude Almond. I also use it with a pinky or plummy color gloss. Honey Pink Pure Color Gloss with the Nude Almond is perfect and a frequent nude look I use at work. It looks amazing all the time. This is a super popular shade I am noticing because I have seen it credited in tons of magazine photo shoots including a cover shoot featuring Fergie in Allure magazine.


(3) Lastly is Pale Lip Color Design Lipstick by Lancome. It is a thicker creamier lipstick and this is nudey pink. This I use alot with a light layer of my Fig Pure Color lipstick. The Fig is discontinued but you can lightly swipe another red-brown lipstick over this lipstick and blend to achieve the same look.








Ok, so here is a pic of my fave pale lip look. I am wearing Estee Lauder Nude Almond Pure Color Gloss as a base, topped with Plum Fatale Sensuous Rouge lipstick. Didn't use a lip brush to apply, just right out of the tube and blotted lips together to blend. No shadow just light foundation, plum blush and black gel liner applied with an angled brow/liner brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment